WHAT IS THE BUFFALO PROMISE?
The Buffalo Promise is a scholarship award guaranteed to all eligible graduating students of The Villages High School who are attending an accredited post-secondary institution.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All graduating seniors from The Villages High School who have completed the following prior to the last day of school in their graduating year:
- 150 Volunteer Hours
- All Parent Involvement Hours
HOW DO I APPLY?
As a senior you are automatically entered for the Buffalo Scholarship Promise Scholarship. There are no applications, dues or entry essays.
WHERE CAN I USE IT?
At any accredited post-secondary public or private institution whether in-state or out-of-state.
- Florida College System
- State University System of Florida
- Private Colleges & Universities of Florida
- Trade School
- Technical Colleges (ex. TENAJ Salon Institute, Lake Technical College, Marion Technical College, Florida State Fire College)
- Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Yale University, etc.
Students should be admitted to and enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Awards will be deposited with the accredited institution designated by the student and can be used for purposes typically charged by the institution (tuition, room and board, fees, etc.)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (with at least 12 credit hours per semester) for two consecutive semesters
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
NOTE: Students who maintain full-time status can defer use of Buffalo Scholarship Foundation awarded funds through the end of their post-secondary education).
NOTE: Students should be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution within the first two years following graduation and follow all after graduation requirements to secure any Buffalo Promise funds. This will ensure students avoid any forfeiture of funds to the Buffalo Scholarship Foundation.
In addition to Buffalo Promise, students will continue to have the opportunity to apply for named scholarships offered through the Buffalo Scholarship Foundation.